¿Estás listo para la cena de Acción de Gracias? This Thanksgiving Dinner Mini-Book in Spanish is sure to make you hungry. hehe
Let’s talk about the food related to el Día de Acción de Gracias.
This Thanksgiving Dinner-themed Spanish vocabulary pack is the perfect way for Spanish students to practice Thanksgiving food vocabulary and table manners in the context of a predictable sentence.
Children will love the interactive aspect of the mini-book by scanning the QR code for a read aloud video of the story. Teachers and parents will love the many levels of differentiation, making it easy for ALL of your learners to succeed!
Here is the recommended sequence for the 3 resources included.
1) Use the Real Photo Thanksgiving Dinner Vocabulary Cards to introduce the vocabulary
2) Have children create their own “La cena de Acción de Gracias” Picture Dictionary page
There are 5 different levels to choose from.
- Color – put these in a binder with sheet protectors to use in your writing center; copy on 11×14 paper and laminate to use as posters
- Black & White – young children or emerging writers can color their own page
- Cut & Paste – cut out the individual words and glue them in the blanks
- Label – label their own page using print or cursive, or using different terminology if desired
- Draw & Label – children draw and label their own page
The vocabulary words include:
- el pavo
- el relleno
- el puré de papas
- la salsa
- la salsa de arándanos
- el camote
- las habichuelas
- el maíz
- los panecillos
- el pie de calabaza
- el pie de pecanas
3) Practice their new vocabulary in context with the Interactive Mini-book (with QR Code videos) “La Cena de Acción de Gracias Mini-Libro”
There are 3 variations included:
- Illustrate Your Own – Children draw the correct food on each page.
- Cut and Paste – Have children color all the food at the bottom of page 8. Then they will cut out the Thanksgiving dishes and glue them on the correct page.
- Coloring Book – Children simply color the food on each page.
This is a great project to send home with your students to increase parent involvement! They can scan the QR code and watch a video of the story being read together.
This “La Cena de Acción de Gracias” Mini-Libro is also available in English. Check out the .