This Spring Snap Cube Center is an easy, low-prep, math center to keep your children busy this spring.
- build spring objects with snap cubes
- count how many blocks they used
- practice those logic and fine motor skills by recording their creations
The task cards come in two levels. Children needing more support can use the larger cards to match the blocks exactly before building. Those wanting more of a challenge, can look at a smaller version of the completed snap block creation, than build it themselves.
What is included in this “Spring Snap Cube Center” Pack?
- Large Task Cards – This is a simpler version because the blocks are shown to scale, allowing children to match them up to form the object. These 8 1/2 x 11 inch cards come in a full color or ink-friendly black/white version. Each of the 12 large task cards includes a the object name, clip art image, and black/white image made of blocks.
- Small Task Cards – This is a more challenging version because the blocks are NOT to scale. These come in full color, and the children simply look at the image and try to recreate it using snap cubes.
- Recording Sheet #1 – Children use the large task card to build one of the objects on sheet. They color the image, record the colors the used to make their creation, then count how many blocks they used.
- Recording Sheet #2 – Children complete a task card, then color the corresponding flower. Can be used with either small or large task cards.
All resources listed above are in ENGLISH ONLY!
This fun spring math center was created with your Preschool or Kindergarten children, and English Language Learners (ELL or ESL) in mind.
Prefiere español? Here is the Spanish version, Cubos de primavera.