Now with QR code Videos!
These original Spanish color poems are perfect for young learners!
What makes these poems special?
• Each color follows the same pattern, so children pick up on the predictable pattern right away.
• The color word is used three times, giving children repetition to internalize the color.
• Objects using a variety of articles were chosen, so children would become familiar with the different el/la/los/las versions.
• Just the right amount of new vocabulary is introduced for young learners, so they stay engaged and not overwhelmed.
• High-interest topics were chosen to appeal to both boys and girls (Who doesn’t love iguanas, chocolate, and butterflies? hehe)
• They come with an mp3 version! If Spanish is not your native language, don’t worry. Just pop on the audio version to hear the correct pronunciation.
• Colors vary by region, so we’ve included alternatives for four of the colors. You are sure to find your choice of color words here!
All 11 colors are included, plus 4 variations in parenthesis.
Everything is included for your students to create their own Color Poem Books for the classroom, and Color Mini-books for a take-home connection. The color version of the poems and mP3s make a quick and easy listening center. The pocket chart makes a great literacy center, small group, or whole class activity. These Spanish poems were created with your dual language, bilingual homeschool, or Spanish classroom in mind.
This packet includes:
1. Poetry Pages – Color
2. Poetry Pages – Black/White
3. Covers for Color Poem Book
4. Mini-Books – Without Lines
5. Mini-Books – Trace and Cut
6. Pocket Chart Cards
7. Mp3 version of poems
Check out the preview for a sample of all the variations.