Are you struggling trying to reach Spanish students of different levels? This is the perfect pack for differentiating instruction while practicing zoo-related vocabulary, reading, writing, oral language, and listening skills.
What’s included in this giant “El Zoológico Vocabulario” resource?
- Dictionary Pages – 5 versions: Color, Black & White, Draw & Label, Label, and Cut & Paste.
- Flashcards – Color and Black & White. Print two copies and enjoy a game of Memory or Go Fish. You can also use them for all sorts of phonemic awareness games – sort them by number of syllables, sort by beginning sounds, find rhyming words, etc.
- Pocket Chart Strips – These come in two versions, one with lines to separate the graphics from the words in case you didn’t want a picture cue on your pocket chart cards. Use these to build sentences in pocket charts, add to your word wall, or put each theme on a ring to use in the writing center
- Word Work – There are six variations of extra word work to choose from: Trace and Match, Box It Word Puzzle, Beginning Sounds Cut and Paste, ABC Order, Syllable Sorting, Concept Sorting (sort by number of legs, hooves/no hooves, feathers/fur)
- Writing Prompts – There are four “How to” prompts for informational writing, three “word bank” prompts with sentence starters, and two blank draw and journal pages with a checklist at the bottom to help young writers be successful and independent.
- Interactive Mini-Book – Three versions: Coloring Book, Illustrate Your Own, and Cut and Paste. The zoo emergent reader uses the repetitive text “Mira el/la ____ .”
- I Have, Who Has Game – Three versions: word/picture cue, numbers, and colors. A fun, whole group game to practice oral language skills, adjective placement, verb conjugation of has/have, and more!
- Bingo Game – There are 9 animals per card, and 10 cards per variation (Color, Black & White, Words only) for a total of 30 cards.
This “El Zoológico Vocabulario” pack is definitely a bargain with over 70 pages of vocabulary practice!
Zoo vocabulary words for this pack are:
- el león
- el tigre
- la jirafa
- el elefante
- el gorila
- la cebra
- la hiena
- el armadillo
- el pengüino
- el panda
- el canguro
- el koala